Let’s put the social media algorithms and technical mumbo jumbo aside for a sec. You’ve built an online coaching business that aligns with your unique personality, process, and passion, so why are you trying to shove your marketing strategy into a one-size-fits-all template?
Everyone’s workflow and style is special, which is why you should create a content marketing plan that fits your needs and your client’s needs. In order to promote your wellness coaching business in the most effective, fulfilling way possible, it’s important to tap into your flow state by accessing your zone of genius.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL MARKETING ZONE OF GENIUS GUIDE!
This guide is loosely based on the 4 elements of astrology: Fire, Earth, Wind, & Water. Locate the zone of genius that represents your natural marketing flow state and find out how you can optimize your current business strategy!
Fire Signs: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
You move quickly and make snap judgments which can be a good thing and a bad thing. You have multiple passions, so sticking to just one can be difficult. You’re always moving and hate the mundane, so having a marketing strategy and content calendar that leaves plenty of room for creative space is vital. Don’t put yourself in too much of a box because you’re likely to rebel against a routine or plan that is too structured. You also love travel and socializing, so get out of the house often! Although you hate structure, consistency is key if you want to grow a successful business.
Tips for Passionate Business Owners:
- Create a rough outline that you can follow each week like Monday is for planning, Tuesday is for lead generation, etc. so you at least have SOME sort of plan.
- Instead of planning out each day a month in advance, use Sundays or Mondays to plan out one week at a time.
- You love to explore new places and meet new people so make sure you’re not just hiding behind your computer every day. In-person networking and events will be fruitful marketing endeavors for your business.
- Join a mastermind so you can stay social and see things from different perspectives, even if your group meets digitally through video conferencing.
Brand colors: Red, orange, purple, bright colors, anything but black and white.
Earth Signs: Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo
While fire signs hate structure, you can’t live without it. Stability and security are the tools you need to shine in business. If you don’t plan every little detail ahead of time, you will go INSANE. Having a color-coded, organized content calendar and step-by-step marketing strategy is the best way for your online business to succeed. You also love the finer things in life and have an eye for the visually appealing. So, your branding is going to look MAHVELOUS DAHLING.
Tips for Grounded Business Owners:
- Create a filing system for all of your marketing materials in Google Drive.
- You love beauty, so use plenty of graphics and pretty pictures in your marketing. Use Canva to create lovely infographics for your blog and the Preview app to plan out a gorgeous Instagram feed.
- You’re very smart and love to show it! Teaching via online courses and Facebook Live will be a great way to attract new clients.
- As a homebody, you’re much more comfortable marketing your business online than in person. If you do want to attend more networking events, stick to conferences and tradeshows in your hometown!
Brand colors: Green, brown, pink.
Air Signs: Libra, Aquarius, Gemini
Strategic business owners are extremely intellectual and awesome communicators. The online space is especially fruitful for you because you have a natural gift for writing, marketing, advertising, educating, public speaking, and even technology! You think things through before you act, so your marketing strategy will be calculated and optimized to the utmost degree.
Tips for Strategic Business Owners:
- Make sure you have Google Analytics and a Facebook Pixel connected to your website.
- Your marketing strategy will include a lot of testing and analyzing before you actually execute on anything.
- Before you launch a new product or make a decision, do a lot of market research and survey your audience so you KNOW that people will buy.
- You thrive in open and honest relationships, so be very clear about your brand’s values, who you are, and who you serve in your marketing copy.
Brand colors: Blue, turquoise, yellow
Water Signs: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
You love the drama and emotional rollercoaster that is entrepreneurship. As an intuitive business owner, you are naturally empathetic and can connect with your clients in a way that no one else can. You may even possess “psychic” abilities! That along with your artistic abilities will give you everything you need to find great success as a healer or creative entrepreneur. Your marketing strategy should propel you towards your big dream of making the world a better place.
Tips for Intuitive Business Owners:
- There’s a reason why I chose the word Intuitive to describe you. Follow your gut feeling at all times when it comes to marketing and making business decisions.
- Don’t take things personally when they don’t work out or get too involved with a client’s life. Water signs can get too wrapped up in their emotions when it comes to business.
- You’re extremely tapped into your feminine side which means you’ll want to flow freely with your marketing. Planning your business around the moon or seasons can help you feel more aligned & fulfilled.
- You work best when you’re part of a community of like-minded people, so find a Facebook Group that is full of prospective clients you connect with. Or start your own community centered around your brand!
Brand colors: Silver, coral, aqua, white.
Whether you believe in astrology or not, tapping into your marketing zone of genius is the best way to bring more creativity and joy into your wellness coaching business.
As you become more aligned with your purpose, your motivation grows and things naturally start to fall into place. Content marketing no longer feels like a chore. It becomes a creative outlet for you to express yourself and share your special talents with the world. As long as you’re living your purpose, you’ll be able to build a wellness coaching business that’s profitable and sustainable for years to come.